Hello beautiful people :]
I hope all is well.
Today, I want to share with you a recipe that I have attempted last night for dinner. It came out really well and delicious so I had to share it on albalsamlife.com's new cooking blog series: "Balsam's Kitchen".
I have been eating yellow rice ever since I was a child, and I remember being fascinated how my mom or nanny can transform white rice into yellow XD but now I know the trick that they use in making this delicious yellow colored rice!
If you would like to try it out, then keep on reading ...
You will need:
- 2 cups Basmati rice (depending on the size of group)
- 1.2 - 2 tsp of turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 table spoon oil or 1 table spoon butter (I personally do not like it to be too oily, but this is up to your taste)
- 4 cups of water (again this depends on the amount of rice you use. Generally, the amount of water should be double the amount of rice)
- Optional: Onions, peas, etc. (any vegetable you would like to add)
I personally used a rice cooker to make this. If you are using a rice cooker or a regular stove, all you have to do is basically add all the ingredients together. If you are using onions, you can add these to the rest of the ingredients from the beginning. If you plan on using other types of vegetables such as green peas, chickpeas, etc. then you should add them towards the ed so they are not overcooked.
Let everything be cooked :)
This is usually served as a side dish with curry, or anything you want really! I like to eat it with yogurt and grilled or fried chicken.