I love salads! and I am very happy about that, it makes healthy eating so much easier for me. I love a well seasoned salad, and luckily for me ... I am not so much into the fatty and greasy salad dressings, so I always avoid them.
I recently made my own version of the lovely Bell Peppers Salad, in which I used a mix of seasoning inspired by many different types of salad. I put them all together into one which resulted in a salad filled with flavor.
Ingredients (one serving):
- one small red onion, diced
- half of green, red, orange and yellow bell peppers, diced
- coriander, chopped (optional)
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sumac
- half lemon, juiced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- drizzle of olive oil (optional)
After mixing all the main ingredients together, add the seasoning. I like to coat my salad with lemon, salt, pepper and olive oil first and then add the remainder of the seasoning.